A journal of our family

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I absolutely love hosting the dinner and all of the family.I love the days of cooking and the anticipation of cousins arriving for the weekend. I love trying new recipes in hopes that they will become new holiday traditions. I love that feeling that permeates the house as the holiday season begins. Love it. Love it. Love it. Not all of the family was able to come this year :( but we still had a blast. Katie and her 4 kids (my awesome niece and nephews), Evan had Amber and 3 more of my beautiful nieces, my Mom and Dad, and Emily were all here (missed you Lykins, Richard's clan and Aunt Jan and Uncle Butch). It was a fun filled 4 days. We ate ourselves sick and shopped till we dropped. What more could you ask for?

The menu: turkey (first time I brined it...so yummy), ham, mashed potaotes and gravy, stuffing, corn, onion casserole, bread braids, green bean casserole, chicken and noodles, sweet potatoe casserole, jello salads ,cranberries, my favorite salad ever (Annie Gardner's super salad... wierd name), yummy fruit salad, 13 pies, 3 kinds of cookies, rice krispie treats, and hot spiced cider. So good.


Only 10 more months till we get to do it again :)













No comments:

Post a Comment