A journal of our family

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Are you serious?

We pulled into our driveway around 12:30 am after being gone for 2 weeks. As we opened the garage door, my family started gagging. I couldn't smell anything still (hadn't since we left Indiana) and they were swearing something had to be dead in there. Much to our horror we discovered our deep freeze was open about an inch and the smell was from all the rotting meat. Yep. We lost a large freezer full of meat. Not a good welcome home gift. We tried not to think about how much money we were throwing away as we cleaned that puppy out. Made us sick to our stomachs in more way then one.

Also, later that morning I headed to the dr. I got sick the day before we left for Idaho and it had just progressively got worse durring the trip. I know it was my own fault for not resting but let's not point fingers: :) Anyway, the dr told me I had pnuemonia. So lame. Who gets pneumonia in July? She gave me 3 awesome meds to get me feeling better. Sure enough, three days later I could hear, smell and taste again. Finally.

The only thing I liked about this diagnosis... at least it made me feel a little better about the trouble I had on the hike. I was so upset with myself. I was running on an incline on the treadmill everday and I couldn't catch my breath climbing a mountain? Really frustrated that I had to pass Madden off to Lloyd and Lyndsay to pack for me (but grateful they did). My kids were way ahead of me and I was just trying to breathe. So upset with myself on that mountain. I will admitt that Tyson tried to talk me out of the hike but I wouldn't hear of it :) Again, let's not point fingers :)

1 comment:

  1. I cant believe you had pneumonia! you are one tough cookie. we had such a wonderful time with you guys and we miss you so much already. We've already began the countdown for next summer.

    ReplyDelete