A journal of our family

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A melt my mommy heart moment

Yesterday I was told a great story about my Wyatt. Apparently yesterday at recess a bunch of boys split up into teams to play a game of freeze tag. When the game started, Wyatt saw a boy (James) sitting on the sidewalk looking kind of sad. When he asked him what was wrong, James told him he wanted to play tag but was told he couldn't. Wyatt said, "Sure you can," and told him to jump in. When James went to chase one of the boys, that boy yelled, "Hey, you can't play." James said, "Wyatt said I could," and the other boy said he couldn't. Wyatt went up and told him to let James play. The boy said no because the teams were already made. Wyatt said,"Well if he can't play, I'm not playing either." His friend and another friend started to get upset and Wyatt said," You can get mad but I'm not playing if he can't" and walked off with James. Within a minute or two his friends found them and asked them all to play.

I was so proud of him. It was one of those moments that melt a mom's heart. If there's one thing I want my kids to be, it's loving. I want them to truly care about people and to treat them as our Heavenly Father would want them to be treated. I want them to stand up for what they know is right. Wyatt is such a good kid, and it's moments like these that give me a glimpse into the amazing man he could one day be. Love you Wyatt!

2 comments:

  1. He *will* be an amazing man, Sarah! Your boys (and your girls!) are so sweet... lots of love from us... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the parents he had--no wonder he is amazing! Such a sweet thing! I love when I hear about things my kids do--really does melt your heart!

    ReplyDelete