A journal of our family

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day 2011



I had an absolutely perfect mother's day. I don't think I've ever called a day perfect before, but this one really was. The day started out great just because Tyson was home. He had canceled all meetings before church and had his executive secretary only schedule absoultely needed interviews after church, so he only had one short one scheduled. Knowing this, we had planned the night before to ride to church together as a family. WOOHOO! So, at 6:30 my hubby was still home (he usually leaves at 5:45) when my sweet girls woke me up with breakfast in bed. Loved it! After breakfast we all got ready (so nice with another set of hands) and headed out to chuch. Church went great, even Coleman did well (for him) in sacrament. We waited for Tyson for a little while after church then headed home. I told Tyson that was the best gift he could have given me, going to and from church together. Such a dream of mine. When we got home I was orderd to do nothng for the rest of the day. Tyson made dinner: grilled pork chops, a to die for salad and strawberry shortcake. Soooo goood. The weather was gorgeous so we ate on the deck. After dinner Madden and I napped on the couch while everyone cleaned up. Then I got an awesome gift. Made me cry. My sweet hubby made a book called "Why we Love Our Mom..." and had Shutterfly publish it. I love it! It has all of my favorite pics of our family and the cutest poem (which tyson wrote) to accomany them. Can I say I love it too much? We played freeze tag in the back yard and just enjoyed the evening. I never lifted a finger. Really. The kids would get mad if I even tried. I was spoiled rotten. After Tyson got all the kids down, we just talked for the rest of the night while finishing off the strawberry shortcake. A truly perfect day. Thanks kids for all the great letters, pictures, crown and sash. I loved them all. Thanks for making me a mom. I love all of you sooo much. Thanks Tyson for being you and making me feel like a queen. Love you Babe!

1 comment: