A journal of our family

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Career Day


The kids had career day at school this week. Wyatt and Makayla decided to dress up. Mariah opted out of this one :) Wyatt went as a football coach. He really wants to either play football or a football coach. Tyson loves this :) Makayla decided to go as a mom. Needless to say, I was so proud. We dressed them up and sent them off to school. Later that evening we were discussing how it went and Kayla said some of the kids laughed at her choice. At first I was mad that someone would laugh at my sweet girl's dream. Then I was saddened that it's considered funny or dumb for a little girl to dream to be a mom. I told her how wrong those kids were. There is nothing she could be that has more impact, more importance, more reward, and more happiness than being a mom. I told her how much I LOVE being a mom and I would never want to be anything else. Oh how I hope my girls continue to grow up with the knowledge of the divine role of womanhood and not be swayed by the world's view of what a woman should do and be. Hold tight to those dreams my sweet Kayla!!

No comments:

Post a Comment