A journal of our family

Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Break 2011...Saturday

On Saturday, Al, Amber,Tyson and I went to NYC. Without children. For 17 hrs. AAAHHHH! We had two sitters come and spend the night on Friday so we could leave by 6:00 Sat morning. We drove for two hrs and then caught the Stanton Island Ferry into NYC. Here's Tyson & I on the ferry with the Statue of Liberty behind us. When we got to NY we took the subway into Time Square. Once again, I am so grateful for Al's amazing planning skills so we could do this so stress free. Here's T and I in Time Square.
We immediately went to get half off tickets to see Phantom of the Opera. It was so amazing. LOVED it. Definitelyl a highligt of the day. We then set out to see the sights. Here's Rockefeller Center.
Here's me and my awesome sister-in-law Amber. Absoluetely love her guts!! She's amazing.
We went to Central Park, saw the St Patrick Cathedral, got some cute bracelets on 5th Avenue :), ate some yummy NY cheesecake, saw Radio city Music Hall, ate some hotdogs from a stand, went up the Empire State Building (such a cool view), took a taxi to China Town, did some some more shopping and some "negotiating" with the vendors, ate some delicious gyros from a stand, then headed back to catch the ferry.
This is a view from the Empire State Building. Here's a shot of the four of us as we're leaving Manhatten. Love these guys!
Lady Liberty. Isn't she beautiful.
It was an amazing day. We loved every minute of it. Thanks Al and Ambie!!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!!!!!!!!!! I heard it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh, so great to re-live it through your post. Best day, eva!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures! I'm glad that you had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete